Eastern Amateur Coastal Rowing Club is committed to promoting public participation in the sport of Scottish Coastal Rowing. We recognize that sport can provide a wide variety of benefits: improving physical and mental health, promoting inclusion, building self-esteem and confidence, developing active citizenship, and widening people’s horizons. Scottish Coastal Rowing has a particular benefit as it is a sport suitable for a wide range of ages and abilities.
Scottish Coastal Rowing is a very accessible, inexpensive, and safe sport for young people, male and female, and can be an appealing alternative to more conventional sports. It offers healthy activity, develops skills and techniques, encourages teamwork, and involves people in a wide and rapidly growing skiffing community across Scotland and beyond. The Eastern Amateur Coastal Rowing Club is committed to developing youth rowing to ensure young people can fully enjoy Scottish Coastal Rowing: the exercise, adventure, achievement, competition, cooperation, and the building of friendships with people near and far.
Young people in S1 or aged 13 and over may join EACRC and should follow the instructions on the ‘Joining‘ page, reading the documentation referred to (together with their parent/carer as appropriate).
The Eastern Amateur Coastal Rowing Club will:
- Promote the health and welfare of young people by providing opportunities for them to take part in rowing safely.
- Respect and promote the rights, wishes and feelings of young people.
- Promote and implement appropriate procedures to safeguard the well-being of young people.
- Recruit, train, support and supervise its members to adopt best practice to safeguard and protect young people and to minimise risk to themselves.
- Require members to adopt and abide by our Child Protection Policy and Procedures.
- Respond to any allegations of misconduct or abuse of young people in line with our Policy and Procedures as well as implementing, where appropriate, the relevant disciplinary and appeals procedures.
- Review and evaluate our Policy and Procedures on a regular basis.